About the Company:
Workplace One is a leader in the rapidly-expanding coworking and shared office sector. Our highly-designed workspaces cater to a wide range of businesses, from start-ups to large corporations. We currently have four locations in Toronto, and one in Kitchener-Waterloo’s Innovation District.
Our dynamic team is driven to provide our members with best in class service, along with a vibrant work environment that allows their businesses to flourish.
About the Role:
We are looking for a highly ambitious, energetic person who has the skills to help grow our shared workspace community. Based out of one our stunning Toronto locations, the Community Manager will oversee the operations of a Toronto shared office location to make sure the Centre is run professionally and to Workplace One standards. We work in a fast-paced environment and the ideal candidate is someone who: is detail-oriented; possesses a positive attitude; can multitask with ease; and genuinely loves being a part of a team.
The Community Manager will report directly to the President of Workplace One.
Goals and Objectives
- To manage, oversee and direct all aspects of Workplace One Centre’s operations including leasing, memberships, finance, sales, marketing, communications and events.
- Ensure that the building is fully operational and processes are running smoothly.
To create a collaborative environment amongst all members through events, communications and personal introductions.
- To strive to create an environment that is a great place to work for all members.
- To be a firm but friendly point person who sparks enthusiasm and has a strong presence as the leader of the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for building operations and member experience
- Manage tour bookings and new member sign-ups, and facilitate their move-in and move-out
- Support community outreach goals and execute on all objectives
- Oversee and keep the team up-to-date with process changes
- Create a high-end hospitality experience
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, including member introductions, overseeing events, and building walk-throughs.
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations.
- Meet with members to resolve issues, process member terminations and other issues of complexity.
- Oversee event calendar to ensure there is a good balance of educational, member appreciation, lead-generating and sales-related events and to review for adequate procedural safeguards for the protection of members’ property and company assets.
- Design and implement rules, guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience.
- Recommend best practices, including but not limited to community management, sales, operations, events, training, communications, and member experience on a company-wide level.
- Exercise discretion in guiding prospective members, including possibly gatekeeping where business may not be in the interests of greater community.
- Resolve member complaints regarding other members through neutral fact investigation and process termination of membership when warranted.
- Explain policies and procedures to members, including but not limited to: membership agreement and billing procedures.
- Take responsibility for sales and community dynamics.
- Conduct tours to work towards and maintain 100% building occupancy.
- Make solution recommendations based on prospect’s requirements.
- Assist in member success in helping members grow within the community.
- Engage in the larger community of the market by attending events and networking with local start-ups and organizations. Manage and maintain relationships with vendors and landlords.
- Make recommendations for any repairs, maintenance, or updates required in your building.
- Manage a day and night janitorial team to maintain clean offices and common areas and deliver the highest level of member satisfaction
- Identify and resolve issues presented, i.e. insufficient cleaning staff, repeating IT-related failures, malfunctioning conference room equipment, etc.
- Supervise move-ins and move-outs for a quality experience.
- Expense management for the building and budget forecasting
- Know and be able to implement member safety plans, i.e. fire and emergency plans.
How to apply:
If this sounds like a good fit, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role to: email@example.com